- AmEx SimplyCash: The sign-up bonus of this card has been lowered. The new rate is 2.5% on purchases in the first three months (up to $150). And it no longer provides the Car Rental insurance.
- AmEx Business Gold: No first year free for this card. You need to pay the $250 annual fee for the 1st year.
- AmEx SPG: After Aug 1, 2018, for each dollar of eligible purchases charged to their Card, Cardmembers can earn: 5 points for every dollar in Card purchases at SPG and Marriott Rewards properties (6 points for now), and 2 points for every dollar in Card purchases everywhere else (3 points for now). But AmEx SPG will provide an Annual Free Night Award in the future. Supplementary card will be free.
- MBNA Alaska WEMC: The annual fee increases from $75 to $99, with an increase of sign-up bonus from 25000 miles to 30000 miles. And you now get one complimentary checked bag (for up to six people).
- Brim WEMC: The annual fee increases from $120 to $199. If you applied it before, you will still pay the $120 annual fee for the 1st year.
- BMO WEMC: Starting Aug 8, 2018, Mastercard Airport Experiences (MCAE) provided by LoungeKey will be available to BMO World Elite credit card customers. This program will replace the existing Priority Pass feature.
Monday, July 2, 2018
A summary of recent changes to Canadian credit cards
This is a summary of recent changes to Canadian credit cards:
Labels: Credit Card